Big Data Specialist Solutions Architect - Nationwide Opportunities
- United States
Amazon is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders. We try new things and dream big dreams. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are inventing the future of cloud computing. AWS is where the cloud first came to life. Now we're inventing for the decades ahead. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers. Come join us and work with the latest cloud computing technologies that enable our customers to do more with their technology and change the world in their respective industries.
We are looking for a Big Data Specialist Solutions Architect to join our AWS team in the Americas. This individual will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers leverage the analytics services on AWS to solve their data management needs . In AWS, you'll find teams of focused builders whose ability to invent is only limited by their imaginations. As a trusted customer advocate, the specialist solutions architect will help organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design Customer Solutions. Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform and Analytics Services. Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
• Exhibit Thought Leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Analytics Solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent.
• Partner with Customer Account Teams, Business Development Managers and Analytics Service teams to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment.
• Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
• Develop and support the AWS internal community of Analytics technologists.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a strong preference for:
Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, CA, Irvine, CA, San Diego, CA, Tempe, AZ, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, New York City, NY, Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA.
• 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• 5+ years of experience in Big Data technologies (including Hadoop, Spark and distributed query engines)
• Experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or 6+ year's work experience in technical role in lieu of no Bachelor's degree.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
• Experience architecting, operating cloud-based solutions.
• AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Experience with a programming or scripting language.
• Company- or regional-level recognition in the Big Data fields (conference presentations, Meet-Ups, etc).
• Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
• Operational experience working with website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Colorado: The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top