Big Data Prototyping Architect
- Roseville, MN
Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMEA is looking for an experienced Data and Analytics specialist, who will take the role of a prototype developer, working with AWS customers to support designing complex Data and Analytics solutions leveraging AWS services.
The Big Data Prototyping Architect will be part of EMEA Prototyping Labs and will work in close partnership with the Sales and Business Development teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS Analytics and Database Services. The ideal candidate should be proactively leading and developing the prototypes with the customer's technical team. The architect will provide hands-on support to build data lakes, DWH and Analytics prototypes, and targeting technical enablement for AWS Analytics & Database services, e.g. Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Glue/Lake Formation, Redshift, Kinesis, MSK, Amazon Athena, S3, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, RDS, Neptune.
Prototyping engagements will usually require to travel to Customers across EMEA and work 4-6 weeks on-site in a temporary Lab-like environment. The candidate should have a mix of technical and communication skills, and will have the ability to engage with customers at different levels in the organization, from executive to developer.
The Big Data Prototyping Architect will also contribute to the other Prototyping Labs Competencies, e.g. IoT, Machine Learning, Application Solutions like VR/AR, Blockchain to integrate Data & Analytics services into wider and more complex prototyping engagements.
• Extensive knowledge of working with high volume and velocity data sets and converging data pipelines
• Deep understanding and implementation of big data analytics, database solutions, and management tools & technologies for different industries.
• Proven data engineering experience on Data Warehousing & Data Lake solutions using Big Data Processing & Streaming Tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kinesis, Kafka,Hive, Presto), RDBMS & NoSQL systems.
• Experience in Data Modelling, Data Security, Data Integration, and Data Governance, BI Reporting & Visualization tools.
• Proficiency with at least in one of the following programming languages: Python, Scala and Java
• Previous software development experience
• Experience in query tools, performance analyzers, code debugging, CI/CD tools and pipelines.
• BS in Computer Science or any related technical field
• A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Previous experience in prototyping, teaching and customer facing technical positions is a valuable asset
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Preferred track record of building solutions with Cloud Platforms, especially on AWS
• Experience in building scalable & production grade data solutions
• Proficiency in object oriented & functional programming is a plus
• Experience in the full stack application development is a plus
• Knowledge on Serverless Application Development Patterns & Container Orchestration
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Back to top