Big Data Architect
Are you an experienced Big Data cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in designing, developing and re-engineering data solutions that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of cloud technology adoption?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands-on technical experts to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Our Professional Services group engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and we are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as HPC, batch data processing, Big Data and Business intelligence. This role will specifically focus on Data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly-available big data solutions that leverage AWS services
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development, and infrastructure teams.
- Advising on and implementing AWS best practices
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science, Math, or Engineering background preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed. Up to 50% regionally.
- Hands-on technical big data architecture experience at scale
- Understanding and hands on expertise with cloud computing
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or similar field
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Real time streaming technologies and time series with tools such as Spark, Flink, Samza etc.
- Hadoop Big Data knowledge – Hive metastore; storage partitioning schemes on S3 and HDFS
- ETL – understanding and custom coding
- NoSQL understanding and use case application – Cassandra, HBase, DyanoDB
- Understanding and use cases application of columnar data stores
- Caching and queueing technologies – Kafka/Kinesis, Rabbitmq/SQS, Redis/Memcache etc.
- RDBMS skills – SQL, optimization techniques, etc.
- Scripting/Programming skills – Python, Java, Scala, Go
- Excellent understanding of operating systems including troubleshooting
- Data warehousing knowledge
- Security at rest and in transit
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top