Do you want to be able to impact millions of customers? Can you envision a time when the experience is so good that technical support isn't necessary? Then we're looking for you to join us in either Austin, Cupertino or Seattle!
Amazon revolutionized customer service, now we are changing what customers expect from technical support. We're responsible for the Customer Service operations and solutions for all Amazon Devices and Digital properties, from the Kindle and Echo, to Amazon Music and Prime Video.
We are looking for a motivated critical thinker with practical experience to join the Device, Digital and Alexa Support (D2AS) team as a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer supporting our customer trust and escalations team. We're looking for someone who possesses a strong BI engineering background, working with multiple business partners and stakeholders, identifying key business insights, and building the right metrics to measure success criteria. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipating bottlenecks and escalations, and setting realistic (yet aspirational) expectations are all crucial to the success of our platform.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support Program Managers and projects focused on maintaining customer focus in our processes
- Engage closely with Engineers, Scientists, and Data Engineers on developing BI solutions
- Build and design key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues.
- Own the construction, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, visualizations, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive business decisions
- Help define requirements around customer service interactions and establish actionable KPIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands on work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments
- 3+ years of experience in data mining and dataset preparation using SQL
- Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases
- Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions
- Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
- Master's degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
- Experience in leading complex large scale analytical solution implementation
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills with experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Familiarity with Amazon's cloud infrastructure including EC2, S3 and Redshift
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau/QuickSight
- Knowledge of data mining and statistical modeling
- Experience in ETL developing and implementing large scale complex data flows
- Experience working with a coding language (Ruby/Python/Java/R)
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including the ability to effectively develop and communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses.
- Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in a remote setting
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.