BIE - Customer Experience
- Arlington, VA
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
The Finance Operations organization works with every part of Amazon to provide procure-to-pay, revenue-to-receipt, real-estate and facilities, operations accounting and operations excellence services with the highest level of controllership at the lowest cost to the company. We provide the backbone systems and operational processes which completely, accurately, and validly pay Amazon's suppliers, invoice our customers and report financial results.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that will guide operational excellence and product development for our customers. Data analysis is at the core Amazon's culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our team. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across the team. These efforts will lead to things such aschanging the way customers receive packages, developing solutions to delight customers, and solve logistical challenges at an Amazon scale.
This position requires high judgment, excellent analytical abilities, a creative mind to invent solutions to improve the customer delivery experience; it also offers broad exposure to various business, operational, financial, and technical teams across Amazon. You should thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and won't be hindered by ambiguity. If you are passionate about customer experience, detail oriented, organized, and systematically break down problems with ease, we would love to speak with you!
• Apply data mining and quantitative analysis to understand how our customers interact with us and identify the best way to improve the customer experience and meet our goals
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Build scalable solutions / self-serve platforms that will provide data / KPIs to inform business decision making
• Acquire various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
• Build various data visualizations to tell the story and let the data speak for itself
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience using SQL
- 5+ years as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Engineer, or similar roles
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
- Familiarity with solutions such as AWS, EC2, S3, or DynamoDB
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (Tableau, etc.)
- Experience coding with scripting languages (R or Python) to do basic data manipulation and mathematical computations
- Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Experience working in Customer Service functions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top