Bid Manager (Enterprise Strategic Pursuits)
- Sydney, Australia
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung. We help global and local enterprises to use cloud to remediate their legacy technology and build new innovative businesses.
The ANZ Strategic Pursuits/Executive Engagements Team engages with selected Enterprise customers on strategic opportunities, delivering market-moving engagements predicated on exceptional customer business outcomes. They use a consultative sales approach, resulting in a multi-dimensional business case demonstrating the distinctive business value of AWS, a strong board-level customer commitment, and compelling commercials and delivery model.
The Bid/Engagement Program Manager will support a select number of Executive Engagements, owning the initial planning and ensuring timely delivery of compelling proposals meeting customer requirements. The successful candidate is experienced in managing complex, multi-workstream, multi-stakeholder engagements in a fast-paced environment. S/he flags potential issues before they become issues, and integrates the efforts of diverse stakeholder groups through exceptional communication skills. In addition, s/he support the creation of a scalable pursuits capability within AWS that is uniquely Amazonian through the capture of learnings and artefacts, and translate them into repeatable IP and mechanisms.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute to initial pursuit strategy & planning, incl. definition of key milestones and scoping of critical deliverables
• Drive progression of pursuit deliverables against timelines, escalate timely and appropriately within AWS, partner, and customer organizations to close pursuits
• Ensure alignment between pursuit team members, other AWS teams, customers and partners engaged on the pursuit
• Own production of compelling customer proposals, integrating content from AWS teams, customers and partners
• Ensure compliance with procurement timelines and requirements as required
• Support commercial lead to secure internal approvals and governance
• Own repository of pursuit artefacts and IP
• Capture learnings from executive engagements and build repeatable IP and mechanisms
• Communicate learnings within AWS, and orchestrate field enablement initiatives
• Track delivery of Executive Engagements team goals against plan
• 7+ years of experience in large scale pursuit management, project/program management, sales/business development, or other related fields
• Track record of scoping, managing and delivering fast paced, complex engagements
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively and deliver results across cross-functional, remote and virtual teams
• An exceptional sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must
• Strong analytical skills, financial and commercial acumen
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced, high growth organization
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field
• Experience operating within ANZ
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Prior experience working in or with cloud service providers, SaaS providers, managed service providers
• Business proficiency in other language is an advantage
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top