BI Support Engineer
Harness the power of the world's most sophisticated eCommerce Business Intelligence system! Amazon.com's Big Data Technologies (BDT) team is currently recruiting a Business Intelligence Support Engineer. The BDT team is responsible for building and maintaining a business analytics ETL platform that powers one of the world's largest data warehouses for reporting, analysis, data mining, and data integration to 50,000 internal customers worldwide. As a BI Support Engineer you will partner with business leaders and researchers to deliver data and analysis that drive multi-million dollar decisions and add enormous business value. This is a critical position within the BDT team with high visibility, and the position offers excellent career growth opportunities. We are looking for a customer service specialist with a passion for their clients and for data. You should love working with customers, understanding their challenges, and helping them to deliver results. You invent smart solutions that improve various aspects of customer experience, such as enabling users with self-service tools. You empathize with your customers and advocate on their behalf to internal BDT teams, including design reviews. You love working with data, and can present data logically in order to answer business questions and drive improvement. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Amazon.com Big Data Technologies is a fast paced environment that brings new challenges and opportunities every day. As a BI Support Engineer you will be the face of BDT and the first point of contact when customers seek assistance. Customers will ask a variety of questions, from basic SQL tuning advice to challenging data modeling advice. Some issues will require you to drive new projects that last weeks or months.
- Resolve or escalate client contacts by providing information and support or engaging the appropriate technical resources.
- Write and maintain user documentation and learning resources
- Design and build basic tools and scripts that enhance customer experience
- Manage and implement client focused trainings, including developing the curriculum and training materials, and providing in-person and online training.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of client contacts and use this analysis to drive recommendations for strategic improvements to the BI system; identify customer pain points, design solutions, and drive their implementation.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of related experience
- Skilled at writing and tuning SQL
- Experience providing "customer-centric" technical customer service or user support
- Experience manipulating and presenting data in Excel, Tableau, or other reporting software
- Experience profiling data and researching possible data quality issues
- Experience designing and delivering technical training
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience writing efficient SQL in a Data Warehouse / analytic environment
- Experience with Redshift and/or MapReduce, distributed computing
- Experience with Oracle databases/software
- Knowledge of Java, Python or other OO Language
- Experience with Linux and/or system administration
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top