BI Engineer, Twitch Prime
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared toward making it a no-brainer for core gamers to join Amazon Prime. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon's broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impacts the business decisions at Amazon. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. We are looking for a strong technical contributor with a background in data warehousing technical components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, Data Model), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. Ability to create and manage work plans, timelines and accommodate multiple priorities is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a member of the Data Analytics team at Twitch Prime, you will collaborate closely with data architect and financial analysts to help power insight and develop meaningful data products for both our internal and external customers.
- Own the design, build, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Design, build, and launch new ETL pipelines and loading processes in production that act as a bridge between raw data and actionable business insights. Often times, the ideal set of data will not be available and you'll have to think creatively about what is available in order to drive results.
- Work closely with teams across the company to maintain quality, accessibility, and consistency across all our data sources.
- Manage multiple short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, under changing and challenging constraints.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Economics, Statistics or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, ETL pipelines and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
- 5+ Experience in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL/ PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years of experience in architecting data warehouse solutions and integrating technical components with relational and star schema data modeling concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in capacity planning for hardware and storage needs
- Providing ad hoc analytical support to improve related systems and known issues.
- 3+ years of experience building advanced reporting dashboards for self-service needs using tools such as Tableau, QuickSight or any other BI Reporting tools.
- Experience with any of the following preferred: Python, R, Ruby, Perl and other BI statistical software and analytics tools.
- Experience in AWS Technologies (Redshift, EMR, S3, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to QA reporting process to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Drive operational excellence for data ingestion, transformation and publication to ensure confidence in the systems we build.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top