BI Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services seeks an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join the AWS Finance BI(FinBI) team. The team is made of up Data Engineers, BIEs and tool developers. This team is building several platform solutions for all of AWS Finance to help invent and simplify on behalf of the customers. In this organization every day is Day 1 and no projects are the same. In this role you'll own solution designing, customer engagement and full end to end development on products. Some technologies used in the roll will be S3,Redshift, ETL, ETL automation, ad-hoc reporting with tools like QuickSight and IBM Cognos Analytics, and long term analytical projects that will affect the effectiveness of the FinBI team and the customer. You'll work with multiple AWS Finance Stakeholders and Functions, and will work with multiple sources on a wide range of data technologies developing the next generation of reporting solutions.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will consult, design, build and manage analytical projects with your customer in mind. You should have a strong expertise and proven success in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should be experienced at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications or reports. Above all you should be passionate about inventing on behalf of your customers while learning new solutions to answer business questions to drive tangible change.
Duties & responsibilities for this role will include:
• The successful candidate will demonstrate good business acumen, experience in developing reports and conducting analysis, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
• Interfacing with business customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve complex challenges.
• Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information.
• Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters.
• Experience working in a very large data warehouse environment and multi data sources.
• Analyzing data and driving insights related to operation and compliance.
• Build data pipelines for the customers to self-serve very seamlessly.
• Investigate and implement new big data technologies to provide automatic resolutions to address stakeholder needs.
• BA/BS in Analytics, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
• 3+ years' experience as a BIE, data scientist, data engineer or similar job function with a technology company.
• A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Advanced skills in data visualization tools like Quicksight, Tableau or Cognos Solutions.
• Understanding of Finance concepts is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Python/Java or similar coding languages is a plus.
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as Redshift, S3, EC2, Quicksight is a plus but not required.
• Ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management.
• Have ability to independently influence and drive outputs, meet deadlines, and set clear expectations and road-maps.
• Advanced Degrees in Analytical, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or 5+ years in related experience.
• Experience in end to end projects involving complex data sets and high variability.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experience handling confidential and sensitive data.
• Design and develop data infrastructure to support business growth.
• Ability to coach and grow team-members is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top