- Rockford, IL
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
The Amazon Finance Automation Technology team is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) passionate about developing BI frameworks, tools and reporting dashboards to analyze data, and dive deep on performance/optimization. The successful candidate will build analyses on very large data sets in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. Our data lake is built on AWS cloud technologies like EC2, S3, EMR and the current reporting architecture leverages AWS QuickSight and internal reporting systems.
The role requires strong understanding of large datasets, solid interpersonal and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and rapid prototyping. As a BI Engineer in Finance Automation team:
• You will partner effectively with data engineers on scalability, data quality management, data delivery management and performance optimization.
• You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output.
• You will have a direct interaction with businesses, finance, and other teams to translate their business requirements into technical specifications.
• 5+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, system designing and building data subject areas, data pipelines
• Expertise in SQL
• Experience in one or more programming languages/scripting languages Java/Python/Scala.
• Experience in one or more reporting solutions (Tableau, Quicksight, other)
• 5+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
• Experience in conducting advanced data analysis to support business decision making
• Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
• Experience in working with large-scale, complex datasets in large data warehouse environments
• Track record of drawing insights from data and to effect tangible, real-world changes
• Demonstrated ability to autonomously deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or unstructured data
• Experienced working in a fast-paced high-tech environment, comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
Back to top