Come and be part of the AWS Directed Work team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Directed Work systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The AWS Directed Work team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS' global datacenters. Our talented team of datacenter engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resultant in finished products being ready for AWS customer-facing utilization. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.
As a member of this team, you will leverage strong data extraction skills to drive worldwide analysis deliverables, create new datasets to support deep-dive analyses and dashboards for cross-functional audiences, including organizational leaders. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, and exercise strong judgment and organization skills in managing competing priorities. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively to solve data problems; tap into their curiosity in exploring new ways of working with and visualizing data; and are adept at translating business needs into practical deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field
• 5+ years industry experience
• Experience with programming tools (Python, R, etc.) to create custom applications based upon analytical needs.
• Familiar with Redshift, Hadoop, Java Technical proficiency in programs such as R, SAS, SPSS or Stata
• Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively develop and communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses.
• Proven capability in statistical analysis (e.g., ability to conduct analyses using regression, modeling, forecasting approaches, and related tools)
• Experience with Machine Learning Techniques to Understand Data Patterns and Make Predictions
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us