At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to be a part of the consumer Recruiting Analytics & Forecasting team.
Our success in recruiting depends on our ability to manage and analyze the data that that we generate as well as curating external data sources for identifying the right resources for Amazon. This position requires the ability to dive deep large amounts of data, have a great business sense, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data backed business analysis. Working within the business teams, engineers and collaborating with key stakeholders across the company, you will have the opportunity to design and implement features to enhance the experience of Amazon Recruiters and prospective Employees. We offer a technologically-sophisticated, customer-focused, data-driven and friendly work environment. BI Analyst at Amazon work directly with diverse teams including Computer Engineers, Data Engineers and other scientists. In this role, you will analyze and process large amounts of data, develop and propose new and improved approaches for data analysis and reporting. As you further your career as a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will focus on improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization. You will analyze performance data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to improve decision making.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, and superior written and verbal communication skills. He/she will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative while paying careful attention to detail, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Day to Day operations reporting.
- Work with teams from across Amazon to improve data quality within their respective products and platforms
- Identify root causes of data issues and develop solutions
- Work with software developers / data engineers to improve data quality of our data platforms
- Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant.
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Drive operational excellence for data ingestion, transformation and publication to ensure confidence in the systems we build.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics position
- Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
- Experience using Tableau or similar reporting tools to create weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and forecasts
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- Master's degree is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new DW tables
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top