AWS WW Commercial Sales Business Leader
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
The AWS WW Commercial Sales Strategy and Operations team is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced senior level Business Manager to play a critical role on the leadership team within the Worldwide Commercial Enablement Organization. This will be an important role as we work to drive overall revenue growth for the AWS Platform. Reporting to the Director of Sales Strategy, Enablement and Operations of Worldwide Commercial Sales for AWS, this is a fantastic opportunity for a proven cross-functional leader to shape and drive the overall business, collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, and external vendors to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. strategic development, and the operating rhythm of a truly global team.
As Business Manager, you will be a key member of the leadership team, own the organizational rhythms and be responsible for high-impact programs around our culture, people, and strategic initiatives. Close partnership with leaders and organizations outside of your immediate team will be necessary as you will compile data and information that will influence decisions at a senior level. Successful candidates should have strong program management, analytical, organizational, and communication skills and a passion for problem-solving and operational excellence. The individual must have deep experience in managing a constantly evolving sales organization utilizing and defining strategies to support the rapid growth of AWS.
Key priorities of the role include:
- · Drive overall operating models including leadership and management meetings, as well as all hands meetings.
- · Develop in partnership with the leadership team, strategic priorities and long-term plans for the organization
- · Define goals processes and drive monthly updates against those goals
- Develop strong, productive relationships across peer organization that further our business objectives
- Manage complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement
- Demonstrated competency in the areas of group collaboration, analytical thinking and strategy
- Work with Sales Leaders to drive organization alignment, communication, and operational cadence
- Help to define broader market development themes, strategies and mental models
- 10+ years of experience in an operational or project management role
- Global Experience, proven people management and experience leading large, diverse teams.
- Experience working with new product and service development teams, and outbound functions
- Experience working with Sr. Stakeholders and Executive teams
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field
- Experience working with C-Level Executives including written, presentation and verbal communications
- Experience working in a Training and Enablement Organization
Experience with technology – cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS, etc – would be a plus
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top