AWS Worldwide Public Sector Lead, Digital Innovation Program
- Herndon, VA
As the Leader for Digital Innovation in the AWS World Wide Public Sector, you will have an exciting opportunity to develop a team, lead customer engagements and - working with the worldwide program leadership - shape and deliver the AWS public sector Digital Innovation program.
Your primary responsibility will be to build and directly manage the Americas team to identify, develop, and lead engagements with strategic Public Sector customers - engaging line of business and C-suite leaders, qualifying opportunities, leading innovation workshops utilizing Amazon mechanisms like Working Backwards, and driving resultant prototypes and scaled solutions.
In addition, you will lead your own engagements, build and participate in mechanisms for tracking engagement impact for customers and for AWS, and use your experience to help improve our engagement model.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial enterprise technology sales environment, and working with cross functional teams as many parts of the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes sales leadership, vertical business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, and sales enablement.
The right candidate will have experience leading teams and delivering Digital Innovation programs for public sector customers. This includes demonstrated experience in developing digital innovation opportunities for customers, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple projects to meet customer business objectives, excellent project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work with sales leadership to identify and qualify customers for the Digital Innovation program
• Build, manage, and develop a team who can identify and deliver high quality engagements using Amazonian innovation mechanisms like Working Backwards to identify specific end-customer problems or opportunities, articulate solutions in a press release, and bring them to life for customers, often as working cloud prototypes, working with relevant engineering and services teams, and partners as appropriate
• Lead specific customer engagements, conduct customer briefings, and present at customer events
• Assemble and manage the virtual team necessary to successfully progress Digital Innovation engagements - sales leadership, ProServe, Marketing, Partners
• Ensure quality and authenticity of Working Backwards and Digital Innovation engagement execution
• Lead efforts to drive scale in the delivery of Digital Innovation engagements, notably working with marketing, partners
• Lead initiatives to train & enable local sales teams to help qualify customers
• Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships with leading innovators within customer organizations
• Effectively track and articulate the value of engagements underway, and major wins
• Share knowledge effectively across the global Cloud Innovation Programs and WW Digital Innovation teams
• Help develop and improve the Digital Innovation engagement model based on engagement experience
• 5+ years' experience hiring, developing and leading teams (with specific experience leading geographically-dispersed and virtual teams)
• 5+ years of experience in customer-facing digital innovation or equivalent consultative-selling role
• Demonstrated experience of business development in enterprise technology
• Demonstrated understanding of cloud platforms, and the technologies customers are using to drive and deliver digital innovation
• Demonstrated experience with training, enablement and accreditation
• Education - BA/BS or above required; additional qualifications in relevant areas highly desired
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in the enterprise and industry markets. Breadth and depth in multiple industry markets and industry ecosystems
• Strong business and financial acumen and negotiations skills
• Deep knowledge of Amazon leadership principles and innovation mechanisms
• Published thought leadership in digital transformation
• Good working knowledge of AWS Services - especially higher level services that are the focus of customer innovation (AI/ML, IoT, etc.)
• MBA or equivalent
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
• Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
• Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of projects - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management
• Demonstrated familiarity with Amazonian innovation principles and mechanisms, notably customer obsession and working backwards
• Passion for the public sector market - demonstrated understanding of how enterprises operate and the characteristics of large and global businesses
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top