AWS Transactional Services - Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Transactional Services team builds some of the most foundational distributed systems that underpin and power many of the large AWS services, including critical components of the Amazon.com retail platform. We specialize in building high performance, highly available data systems that provide strong transactional guarantees at very high scale.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Engineer to own and builds major part for our core transactional data engine.
Job responsibilities include:
• Designing and developing novel, cutting edge distributed, highly available and scalable technologies.
• Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Working with a team and participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
• Engaging with customers via forum posts, blog posts and meet-ups
• Mentoring other engineers
• Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support. The role involves software design and implementation, analysis of latest technologies trends, as well as technical leadership while implementing industry best practices.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment. Our team has multiple opportunities for growth on technical and leadership frontiers, with variety of projects types on our roadmap to fit your personal career growth path.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Experience developing in multiple languages
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with contributing to open source
• Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
• Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems or databases is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top