AWS Technical Recruiter
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Cloud Computing is revolutionizing Information Technology. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS customers can requisition compute power, storage, and other services–gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as their business demands them. Customers pay only for what they use, with no up-front expenses or long-term commitments, making AWS the most cost-effective, flexible way to deliver their applications to their customers and clients. Since 2006 AWS is the leader in the global IaaS cloud computing space and is continually growing.
Would you like to be a central part of a recruiting team that is responsible for fueling the rapid growth of AWS globally? Are you a builder? Do you thrive in high growth ambiguous environments? Are you a process oriented data driven recruiting leader that loves to dive deep to fix complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability and global impact?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Recruiting team is seeking a talented, customer-focused recruiter to join our global recruiting organization supporting AWS. The focus of the role is on driving candidate generation strategies in partnership with your clients. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to partner across teams in making offers and closing candidates on behalf of the larger team. This is a great opportunity to be in a high-visibility role as part of a team focused on making an impact on the business while recruiting for smart, innovative talent.
In this role, you will manage searches against a timeline and utilize experience setting benchmarks and metrics. Our Recruiters thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. You will have the opportunity to draw on your extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business; and forge dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. You will perform candidate generation, client/account management, prioritize your time in an extremely fast-paced environment, push back when needed, and provide amazing customer service.
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment.
- Recruit passive candidates and gauge chemistry of candidates for fit and motivation rather than simply sell a role.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management; conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high interview-to-offer ratios.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Articulate in writing recruiting plans with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process.
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Screen, interview and prepare an ideal candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline
- Work with the business, HR, and Compensation to determine appropriate salary ranges and negotiate compensation with candidates.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- 3+ years of recruiting experience.
- Prior experience in a research capacity for candidate generation.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to sourcing and delivering candidates.
- Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- CTS/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidate.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Possession of strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
- Experience recruiting in a highly competitive environment.
- A background in technical recruiting is a plus.
- Prior Amazon experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer- F/M/V/D
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top