AWS Technical Enablement Specialist
- Washington, DC
Amazon Web Services seeks a Technical Enablement Specialist who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and has a passion for working directly with large enterprise customers in their uplift of cloud skills and technical competency. This person will be responsible for producing technical enablement and readiness activities and events that assist our customers in fostering a community based approach to learning through creative and engaging modalities, supporting their readiness to drive adoption of AWS Training and Certification. This person will be responsible for hands-on deployment assistance in realising and implementing the outcomes and key deliverables defined by a customer for their transformational enablement program. The delivery specialists works closely with the AWS sales, training and account management teams.
The AWS Technical Enablement Specialist must be agile in working with different industry verticals, different levels of business, and has an acumen and ability to communicate clearly with executive stakeholders and developers alike. The AWS Technical Enablement Specialist will be the driving force in creating excitement and ownership for the journey, continually communicating with and encouraging the customers team to engage their organisation in enablement activities.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create innovative and engaging enablement activities for customers to run as part of their technical competency uplift, extra-curricular to the customers AWS Instructor Led Training schedule (role plays, hack-a-thons, study groups, videos, case studies, competitions etc.)
• Identify customer training requirements through engagement with customer champions.
• Assist customers in designing and running various internal events, which encourage technical learning through a community based approach.
• Standardise the activities and events into repeatable programs, allowing AWS Training and Certification to scale.
• Assist key customer stakeholders in building soft-skills for the purpose of producing and delivering presentations, events, and other enablement focused activities.
• Host and deliver events for the purpose of illustrating 'what great looks like', as the events and modalities may be foreign to customers.
• Working knowledge and technical breadth of AWS and related technologies as well as soft, business and professional communication skills for all relevant areas in USA leveraging multiple learning tools, and measuring success throughout.
• Develop practical-based readiness activities for the technical field based on customer success for AWS Training and Certification.
• Foster knowledge sharing and participate in both the Technical Trainer and customer communities to identify enablement needs as well as any candidates who could help scale the delivery of enablement and readiness programs for the AWS Training and Certification.
• Ability to travel 50-75%
• 5+ years of IT industry experience with exposure to end-to-end outcomes of IT projects and initiatives
• Training/learning development or people/organizational transformation experience
• Experience developing and supporting training/enablement for both technical and non-technical content
• Customer facing experience such as consultant, solutions architect/pre-sales, customer relationship manager or similar.
• Cross-functional team experience/exposure
• Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to present on stage at customer events for crowds of 100+
• Ability to use multiple learning methods and link appropriate methods with subject matter.
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
• A self-starter who possesses intellectual curiosity; proven team player at ease with rolled up sleeves; ability to successfully operate with limited guidance.
• Excellent communication skills and editing for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development; this includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write and develop both technical and non-technical content.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top