AWS Technical Customer Service Associate - Abuse Investigation & Prevention
Do you think Cloud Computing is fascinating? Do you ever ponder the backbone that powers internet TV and social media? Are you passionate about driving customer success, eager to learn new technologies, and someone who loves discussing them with friends and family? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Does the idea of launching a load balanced java application in Singapore from your laptop in South Africa intrigue you?
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
AWS Support provides support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. The team is a self-standing P&L with the ability to drive both Free Cash Flow and world class customer experience. Our team of talented engineers is located in 4 countries around the world to provide support to our customers 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Customer Service (CS) provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3. The AWS teams help our customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs.
AWS Customer Service is a fast-response service/support channel that is staffed 24x7x365 with skilled multi-level Technical Customer Service Associates (TCSAs) and Technical Customer Service Specialists (TCSSs). TCSAs provide support to customers of all sizes and technical abilities to ensure successful, safe, and painless utilization of the products and features provided by AWS.
AWS CS - Abuse Investigation & Prevention
Our Abuse Investigation & Prevention Team focuses on scenarios where AWS hosted resources negatively impact third parties on the Internet.
The team is key in maintaining the reputation of AWS's IP space. The team vets potential abuse issues and contacts AWS customers in order to put a stop to these harmful acts. Abuse Investigation & Prevention acts as the first line of defense for AWS by analyzing trends and reporting findings to AWS service teams as needed. AWS Customers may experience abuse or attacks on their resources for several reasons including incorrect use of security protocols and/or tools. The team devotes their time and attention to helping identify impactful customer scenarios such as these. They classify incoming reports of abuse while exercising sound judgment in the decisions they make. Team members display strong technical skills while providing complex AWS account support to our customers and other AWS teams. The team works to create trust and maintain customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer's expectations to ensure Amazon Web Services remains the most customer centric company on Earth!
General AWS CS Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Own AWS customer issues
- Quickly assess customer issues in order to provide accurate support
- Work with other AWS teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Assume responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about AWS specific products and features
- Dig into the details of our extensive billing model, product offerings, and/or processes to resolve customer problems
- Be able to work independently, while knowing how/when to handle or escalate critical customer issues
- Manage incoming customer calls with an excellent attitude and great telephone etiquette
- Act as the Voice of the Customer by reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement while actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Assist with customer communications and support during AWS critical events
- Manage their queues effectively by working and moving cases/tickets to relevant departments and providing required follow-up
- Maintain acceptable performance metrics such as quality, productivity, first contact resolution, and attendance
- Provide consultative analysis to understand how customers are using our services and make recommendations based on the customer needs and provide feedback to business and development teams
- Drive projects that improve support-related functions and processes
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, etc.
AWS CS - Abuse Investigation & Prevention - Specific Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work all reported case types such as Spam Email, Port Scanning, DoS etc
- Take action on abusive/non-responsive customers (applying throttles when applicable)
- Verify proper classification of incoming abuse reports
- Execute messaging to customers on best practices
- Facilitates escalations to other Abuse Investigation & Prevention stakeholders and escalates cases judiciously to either senior Abuse Investigation & Prevention team members and/or to service teams, while continuing to monitor those escalations to resolution
- Monitor queues for trends
- Provides leadership and security teams with feedback on policies, procedures and tools that need improvement or creation
- Calls out incidents and trends to senior Abuse Investigation & Prevention team members and/or Security stakeholders
- • 2+ years of experience in a fast paced customer support or IT Help Desk environment working within trouble ticketing/tracking systems and complex billing systems
- Familiarity with Web Technologies and the Internet (preferably website hosting or building)
- Working knowledge of networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing
- Ability to learn new technologies and stay current with related field information
- Ability to recognize patterns
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Solid knowledge of security concepts (vulnerabilities, firewalls, common security issues)
- Knowledge of email servers/services and best practices
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong technical support ability and aptitude in a distributed computing environment which also includes supporting end user applications and tools
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to summarize technical customer issues into notes that are readable by other parties.
- Strong prioritization, time management skills, and flexibility
- Ability to embrace constant change with grace and control
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Ability to communicate openly and contribute in a team environment.
- • Associate or Bachelor degree in a computer science related field
- Network+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Security+ Certification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and features
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top