Do you want to help the U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical team in Seattle, WA working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. AWS Serverless is hiring experienced Engineers to manage systems behind the US Intelligence Community's cloud services!
AWS Serverless is one of the fastest growing AWS organizations and we are looking for technical leaders who share our passion to change the way the world computes. Serverless is a way to describe the services, practices, and strategies that enable you to build more agile applications so you can innovate and respond to change faster. With serverless computing, infrastructure management tasks like capacity provisioning and patching are handled by AWS, so you can focus on only writing code that serves your customers. Serverless services like AWS Lambda come with automatic scaling, built-in high availability, and a pay-for-value billing model. Lambda is an event-driven compute service that enables you to run code in response to events from over 150 natively-integrated AWS and SaaS sources - all without managing any servers.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
A successful Engineer will do much more than manage infrastructure, tools. You will:
• Further existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
• Define and/or refine hardware requirements, participate in the development and delivery of operability-related features such as system health monitoring, diagnostics, repair, and other self-healing automation
• Develop or further existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
• Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
• Participate in the design and execution of production acceptance tests and new hardware evaluations
• Maintain fleet inventory management, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components
• Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
• Perform various system maintenance tasks, including configuration of new machines
• Dive deep and lead as a subject expert for operations of AWS Serverless
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements. A successful clearance crossover to AWS is required prior to a Day 1 start.
• Experience in 24x7 production environments
• 2+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
• 1+ year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
• 1+ year experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
• Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
• Experience managing large server fleets
• Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.