AWS Support Deal Desk Manager New York
Do you want to be part of world's most customer centric company and its leading brand of cloud services? Do you love analyzing large scale data and driving simplification and strategic decisions? Are you great at cross functional coordination and building consensus around policies and practices? Can you take complex scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, that are easy to understand? Are you good at defining and communicating streamlined and standardized deal workflows, and building consensus around approaches? If the answer is yes to all, this is a perfect role for you.
AWS Support is currently looking for a Deal Desk Manager regional lead to join the Support Deal Desk. AWS Support is redefining the Technical Support industry with breakthrough products like Trusted Advisor and Personal Health Dashboard; to create the best experience for all AWS customers, we are an opt-in service with our own P&L and have to earn our business every month. The ideal candidate has a background in sales and sales operations, business operations, finance, and a background that enables them to establish practices that reflect the best interests of the business and our customers. The candidate will have the financial depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of AWS Support to executives and assist Sales teams in making the right recommendations. As we grow this function, the individual will wear many hats and will need to work cross-functionally with Support Leadership, Sales, Business Development, Product, Finance, Legal, Business Operations, and other teams to establish standard policies and processes that seamlessly integrate into AWS-wide commercial operations. The individual will push manual processes automation, continuously improve internal controls, and drive relationship building across AWS.
You will identify entry barriers to adoption of AWS Support and develop repeatable strategies and models to overcome these barriers. The ability to be influential, adaptable, and work cross-organizationally is a must, and the successful candidate will have a keen sense of ownership and drive results. The individual will have excellent communication skills and the ability to present the complex in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
• Develop deal strategy for customers in your region and assist with complex contract negotiations and escalations.
• Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders including but not limited to Sales, Business Development, Contracts, Finance, Legal, Security, and Compliance to address custom deal requirements.
• Quickly address current state cross-functional process bottlenecks for your region and collaborate with team to design/implement our future state to address scalability and repeatability and drive automation and continuous improvement.
• Work closely with sales and sales ops teams to collaborate on deal strategy, provide visibility into process and progress, and quickly execute on deals that are in the pipeline.
• Streamline, adapt, and manage approvals in your region, including liaising with involved internal groups such as Legal, Finance, Service Teams, etc.
• Contribute to iterative design for Deals Desk BI analytics for Support leadership and management for quarterly business reviews and reporting.
• Build new/improving existing data reporting and processes. Report on monthly, quarterly, and annual performance metrics and business forecasts for your region.
• Source, analyze, and report on quantitative data; perform ad-hoc analyses.
• Analyze trends, formulate projections, create financial models, and evaluate alternatives to solution on behalf of our customers and our business.
• Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the proven ability to:
• Develop new ideas and creative solutions.
• Quickly build credibility and trust with internal and external customers.
• Work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
• Meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Work on cross-functional teams.
• Focus on customers and work backwards.
• Create detailed financial models and perform self-directed analysis.
Location for this role is flexible
• 7+ years of relevant experience in Sales or Business Operations, Business Development, or Finance, including financial modeling, opportunity & pipeline forecasting.
• 5+ years driving operational improvements in a Deal Desk or Sales Operations function for a high growth B2B tech company.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in business analysis, BI analytics, or Tableau design and reporting.
• Demonstrated skills for developing standard operating procedures, processes, policies, and building a cultures which strive for continuous improvement.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
• Technology industry experience a must.
• MBA is preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skill; knowledge of SQL, VBA and database design, is a plus.
• Advanced written communication skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership.
• Ability to work with large and complex data sets, synthesizing them into simple models and communications.
• Track record of driving automation to simplify and improve efficiencies.
• Exceptional ability to multi-task, prioritize, and apply business judgment to provide a correct solution with a pragmatic approach.
• Proven project management ability that demonstrates organizational and problem-solving skills that lead to a successful conclusion.
• Must exhibit ownership and drive this is a hands-on role.
• CPQ experience preferred but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs./en/disability/us.
Back to top