Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
The AWS Kumo Software Team is searching for an innovative, passionate, and customer-focused product manager with a track record of delivery. We are looking for a relentless self-starter that will boldly do what's best for the business to serve our customers; someone with a true pioneering spirit, willing to "get hands dirty" in a start-up environment while being able to optimize delivery against both short- and long-term goals.
You possess an established product management track record, demonstrated experience launching mission-critical systems, and a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be responsible for delivering solutions that enable our world-class Support teams to automate issue identification and case resolution steps through a seamless combination of automation and manual interventions when necessary. You will partner with multiple software engineering teams to build cohesive user experiences across these tools, resulting in lower case handle time with higher customer satisfaction. You will be at the forefront of automation and Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services.
The AWS Kumo team provides technology and trusted expertise that intelligently anticipate and resolve AWS customer needs, helping them adopt, optimize, and operate at scale. Kumo's products, used by AWS customers and the Support teams that help them, are vital to ensuring exceptional customer experiences on AWS. Our team owns customer facing applications like Trusted Advisor, Personal Health Dashboard, AWS Forums, and Support Center and internal tooling such as Case Management, Troubleshooting, and Customer Event Management. We are a highly innovative global organization revolutionizing the way customers engage and seek help from AWS. Support provides a strategic advantage for customers adopting AWS and drives direct revenue to the business.
• Bachelor's degree required in Business, Computer Science, or related field and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred and/or, relevant experience
• 5+ years of product management experience, including strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services and ability to align software teams and senior leadership around the product vision
• 3+ years of experience in a technical product leadership role within the cloud, enterprise IT, e-commerce or other related domains.
• Experience in setting product definitions and roadmaps
• Experience working cross functionally with development, design, and marketing teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
• Understand core technologies utilized in this product domain
• Fluent in technical alternatives/pros and cons and ability to partner with software teams
• Decompose significantly complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions
• Strong understanding of the cloud industry
• Experience creating service offerings for Enterprise level customers
• Experience creating B2B service offerings that cater to a wide audience
• Experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products
• Meet/exceed Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meet/exceed Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.