Amazon Web Services is looking for a candidate to lead our Partner Solution Architecture team focused on Oracle Applications. As a leader for Oracle Applications, within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to define the strategy of a Global team of highly technical Solution Architects and deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon's infrastructure web services across AWS's most strategic business partners and their Oracle customers.
Role responsibilities include
- Day-to-day development and leadership of the team that delivers on certification of the AWS platform for Oracle Applications workloads
- Working alongside AWS product teams to optimize and extend AWS services to support customers' Oracle Applications deployments
- Innovate/Develop technical strategies to drive Oracle Application migrations to AWS
- Support key customer and partner development activities
- Advanced technical skills in both Oracle Applications products and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills that will enable you to represent AWS well, not only to customers but to the broader Oracle community including Oracle, Oracle Partners, Developers, and Architects
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performing technical teams. Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, enterprise software products, and new technology platforms and architectures
- The capability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Experience with public speaking
- The technical knowledge like installation, administration, patching, cloning, making the ERP highly available (HA), disaster recovery (HA), upgrade of the ERP, etc.
- At least one of the following ERP's:
Oracle E-Business Suite/EBS/ Oracle EBS/ EBS 12.2/EBS 12.1.3/EBS 11.5.10/EBS 11.5.9
J D Edwards/Oracle JDE/JDE/J.D.E/J.D. Edwards
Position may be located in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, or other locations with a major AWS presence. U.S. Relocation offered from within the US to office locations only. This role cannot be based in Colorado.
Up to 30% travel global is required.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience designing and building enterprise software or distributed IT systems
- 5+ years of experience managing Oracle Applications workloads
- 5+ years leading technical teams
- Experience leading high performing technical teams
- Previous experience in Pre-sales or consulting background
- Ability to showcase depth of knowledge in one or more of the following: Oracle Application E-Business Suite, Peoplesoft, or JD Edwards
- Working experience with Oracle database, RAC and Oracle middleware technologies
- Experience architecting Oracle Applications solutions on Unix/Linux and with specific recommendations on database server, application server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Should be fully aware of the Oracle ecosystem
- Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.