AWS Shield- Software Development Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
AWS Shield protects applications against external threats, like vulnerability exploitation, bad bots, and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. Customers like Netflix, Dow Jones, Mapbox, Pearson, Rovio, and Amazon.com can focus on their own development knowing that their application is protected by AWS Shield.
Our core competency is automating the detection and mitigation of complex, large-scale security issues. The number of attacks mitigated by AWS has more than doubled year-over-year while our operational burden has declined. When we identify a solution to a common issue, we prioritize improvements that detect and mitigate the problem safely and consistently, allowing our engineers to focus on the next big problem.
In this role, you will lead the Shield Core team who is responsible for development of the AWS Shield product, including the management console, APIs, and resource-level detection services. Using the console or API, customers can subscribe to AWS Shield, choose resources to protect, and configure advanced features like health-based detection and proactive engagement. When an application running on AWS is targeted by a DDoS attack, the services that you and your team develop will detect the event, signal mitigation, and generate reports for the customer. You will own the operation of these services and will partner with stakeholders across the organization to set and deliver on a long-term vision for protecting our customer's critical applications.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar quantitative field, or related industry experience
• 5+ years' experience as an engineering manager or as a software development engineer.
• 3+ years' of people management experience with direct responsibility for sourcing, hiring, talent development, and performance management.
• Demonstrable experience building complex software solutions that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Demonstrable experience operating large scale services, including an ability to set service level objectives and drive resolution of high-severity issues in a 24/7 environment.
• Demonstrable experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and influence both product strategy and outcomes in technical decision-making.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Back to top