AWS Shield - Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS Shield protects applications against external threats, like vulnerability exploitation, bad bots, and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. Customers like Netflix, Dow Jones, Mapbox, Pearson, Rovio, and Amazon.com can focus on their own application development knowing that their application is protected by AWS Shield.
Our core competency is automating the detection and mitigation of complex, large-scale security issues. The number of attacks mitigated by AWS has more than doubled year-over-year while our operational burden has declined. When we identify a solution to a common issue, we prioritize improvements that detect and mitigate the problem safely and consistently, allowing our engineers to focus on the next big problem.
In this role, you will be involved in building robust, well-architected systems and high quality user interfaces. You will be developing performant and highly scalable microservices to protect applications on AWS against external threats. This includes new features and services that improve our intelligent attack detection and the AWS Shield user experience, like configuration management and event reporting.
Talk to us about your next career move if you enjoy moving quickly, shipping code daily, and would like to ensure the protection of applications running on one of the world's largest distributed systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrable expertise in software engineering best practices and full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and influence both product strategy and outcomes in technical decision-making
Back to top