AWS Service Catalog Business Development Manager - (VA or MA or NY)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups, to leading web companies, and Global Fortune 500 companies in across every industry vertical.
AWS Service Catalog allows organizations to create and manage catalogs of IT services that are approved for use on AWS. These IT services can include everything from virtual machine images, servers, software, and databases to complete multi-tier application architectures. AWS Service Catalog allows customers to centrally manage commonly deployed IT services, and helps achieve consistent governance and compliance requirements, while enabling users to quickly deploy only the approved IT services they need.
Would you like to be part of a team passionate about changing the way Enterprise IT customers catalog and manage all virtual assets they have running on AWS? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in this area for Enterprise and Public Sector customers? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to transform legacy IT Infrastructure to the AWS Cloud? If Yes, We want to talk to you!
AWS Service Catalog is seeking a Technical Business Development Leader for Global Accounts. S/He will execute, and manage business development activities across our AWS field, proserv and Consulting Partner teams. As a BD leader for AWS Service Catalog, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on our strategy to build mind share and broad use within Enterprise customers and verticals, while working with technology and consulting partners to grow AWS Service Catalog adoption. Your responsibilities will include helping AWS Customers, Solutions Architect and Systems Integrator community get well acquainted with AWS. Drive the enterprise business and technical relationships with partners to establish new business in those markets. Enabling the business development with day-to-day interactions with partners in order to build long-term business growth. You'll also work closely with the AWS product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field as the voice of the customer.
The ideal candidate will have both a business & consulting background that enables them to thrive in engagements and interactions at the CxO/VP level. S/He will have a strong technical background that enables them to easily interact with infrastructure engineers, software developers and architects. S/He should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Ability to work in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as Technical Business Development Leader for Global Accounts (individual contributor) of the AWS Service Catalog Business Development team in helping to drive AWS market and technical strategy.
- Own GTM initiatives, Global Account Strategy for customers and consulting partners. Define & execute initiatives to drive adoption of AWS Service Catalog by targeting Global market segments, partner types, and industry verticals.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Manage customer account relationships, liaison with the legal group and Develop strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Must be a self starter with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in the fast moving AWS Cloud domain.
- Must be well versed in crafting Technical Marketing & Messaging content. Adept at creating technical white papers, customer briefs, blogs, etc. in a short time.
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess leadership experience of 5+ years in business development and global sales.
- Experienced with Global account management and solution selling ability. Prior IT Consulting or Solutions Architect experience highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Prior working knowledge of IT services catalogs - experience with ITAM, ITSM a plus. Experience with Servicenow, BMC, IBM IT Management Software very desirable.
- Must be able to translate customer use cases into technical implementation guides for internal product teams.
MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of ITIL, ITSM and ITAM software development practices. Understanding of Cloud Architecture and AWS Infrastructure with prior data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top