Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our thriving technical community and growing business in Austria as part of the EMEA team. You will join a friendly and supportive team, working together to bring the latest in disruptive cloud computing technologies. Our teams help customers build a deeper understanding of hyper-scale cloud technology and application architectures, and they have the consultative and leadership skills required to drive deliver successful outcomes.
As an AWS Senior Solutions Architect, you will have ownership of the technical relationship with customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability, operational efficiency and best-practice architectures.
Internally, you will be an advocate acting on behalf of the customer to help drive continual improvements to the AWS platform, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features and services. You will also help shape the future of the Solutions Architecture organisation by helping to hire, coach and mentor others.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures with the worldwide AWS Solutions Architect community. You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelise and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps.
• Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with business-fluent English and German, to be able to drive discussions in a customer organisation, as well as the technical background that enables you to easily interact with and give guidance to customers working in operational roles.
• A passion for technology and for learning.
• The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud.
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures.
• Working knowledge of multiple technology domains, such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role.
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek candidates from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
For this position we offer a monthly salary starting at € 65,000 gross per year based on a 40h working week (excl. 13/14th monthly salary).
You can also look forward to many other benefits like an employee discount! But we also have many intangible rewards for you, such as our commitment to actively challenge and support you in your development and a refreshing lack of rigid hierarchies. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with the brightest minds from various industries, actively contribute your ideas and thus significantly drive our success.
The minimum basic salary according to the applicable collective bargaining agreement is € 65,000 gross salary. Depending on experience and qualifications, there is a willingness to overpay. In addition, we offer sign-on bonuses and stock options as well as discounts on products.