AWS Senior Solution Architect, Strategic Accounts
- San Francisco, CA
At Amazon Web Services, we believe cloud is the new normal and it is propelling organizations to adopt cloud technologies to fuel transformative business initiatives. Our customers are interested in leveraging AWS to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and expand globally. AWS Solutions Architects (SA) are at the forefront of this change. SAs help our customers build highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. As a trusted customer advocate, the SA helps organizations adopt advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on premises workloads to the cloud. In this role, SAs will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and a broad use of AWS technologies for large, strategic customers.
The ideal candidate should possess a breadth of technical knowledge as well as depth in one or two areas of interest. A successful candidate will exhibit a firm grasp of technical fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly. A "builder" mentality that loves to tinker with technology is an asset. The ideal candidate will also possess customer facing skills that will enable them to be strong advocates of AWS within the customer's environment. They should be comfortable driving discussions with a wide range of customer personnel from enterprise architects to developers regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the customer technical engagement, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure and network architecture, DevOps, or software engineering
• 3+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Enterprise applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 12+ years of related work experience
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience managing technical programs at Fortune 500 companies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top