This position has a flexible working location anywhere in the DACH region; Switzerland, Germany or Austria.
Would you like to accelerate cloud computing adoption at the Enterprise level? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with Swiss public sector customers as they reinvent their IT strategy with cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as a leading cloud platform provider?
As part of the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team at AWS, this position will lead our efforts to deliver game-changing solutions to Swiss customers. Responsibilities include working with members of AWS WWPS capture, technical, and account teams to develop winning and innovative proposals in response to must-win Requests for Tenders and other procurement processes; managing oral presentations and demonstrations; supporting escalations and briefings; managing and conducting team reviews; and generating unsolicited documents and whitepapers.
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated public sector proposal management and proposal writing experience; is highly determined and motivated in driving teams towards defined (and often rushed and high-visibility) deliverables; and has the proposal process development and leadership background necessary to effectively support a dynamic and rapidly growing business. Candidates should have industry background that enables them to develop win themes and technical discriminators for inclusion into proposals, a contracts background that enables them to easily interact with legal staff, as well as a technical background or familiarity that enables them to easily interact with technical and business leaders. Candidates should also be able to think strategically about AWS's mission, products, and technical challenges, with the demonstrated ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context. Candidates should be familiar with Swiss acquisition guidelines and experienced with any regional tender compliance requirements. Finally, candidates should be willing to support often-grueling and aggressive proposal timelines and commitments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts, leading proposal responses on complex, strategic opportunities, and supporting partners on indirect deals.
• Understand and navigate Swiss contracting vehicles and tender procedures.
• Execute RFx proposal response plans while collaborating with key internal stakeholders (e.g. capture, sales, service teams, security, legal, and compliance).
• Develop win themes and technical discriminators specific to Swiss RFx opportunities.
• Validate RFx response requirements and ensure proposal compliance.
• Hold kick-off discussions/meetings for critical proposal efforts to discuss overall messaging, flow, and common themes, and conduct regular check-ins with authors of critical sections.
• Lead content development and reviews with teammates.
• Be a thought leader with respect to proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, and pricing.
• Provide input to a library of approved proposal content for quick-turnaround opportunities.
• Moderate travel will be required.
• BS/BA Degree.
• 7+ years of proposal management experience supporting public sector customers.
• Strong project management skills.
• Good understanding of Swiss procurement and contract vehicles.
• Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
• Excellent writing skills, a technical and analytical mindset, and substantial experience supporting proposal responses to government RFx opportunities.
• Comfortable communicating with, and gaining consensus from, internal leadership teams.
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Fluent in German and English.
• Advanced degree.
• Fluent in French.
• Ability to develop appropriate thematic graphics using standard desktop tools.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.