The AWS Security Verification and Validation Team is looking for a Security Program Manager to own the strategy and continuous improvement of implementing quality control mechanisms within the lifecycle of security testing of AWS services and systems. This role will understand the complex roles and responsibilities at each stage of the security testing process, and a successful candidate will leverage their deep experience to define and drive strategic outcomes.
AWS is growing at an incredible pace and conducts business around the world. This kind of growth is only possible because of the efforts supported by countless engineering teams who put the security of our customers first every day. AWS prioritizes security and utilizes a robust security testing process to protect our services and customers. This role is the voice of quality assurance within the security testing lifecycle. This role will be responsible for long-term strategy as well as the real-time operational needs to ensure that all areas of security testing and penetration test scopes are efficient and utilizing automation, exceptional in inputs and outputs, and continuously examined for improvements.
The AWS Security Verification and Validation Team is dedicated to ensuring services and systems that run on AWS have the highest level of security for our customers. The AWS Security Verification and Validation Team focuses on verifying the security of services and systems before they are released into Production, as well as validating the security after the services and systems go live. We do this by proactively, retroactively, and continuously looking for security vulnerabilities in features, systems, and networks. This includes performing penetration testing and vulnerability assessments, running a Bug Bounty program and campaigns, providing reviews of services in production, and performing red team activities.
You are expected to be motivated to work in a data-driven environment, have a passion to drive process improvement to eliminate quality gaps, and proficiently analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems. They are expected to seek out and clearly communicate relevant data to support complex business decisions, and drive the right recommendations in a compelling and effective way. They create plans that have objective, measurable success criteria and clearly communicate progress and outcomes. They anticipate the gaps between teams, processes, and system architectures to help their organization produce the best possible results for our customers.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 3+ years of experience establishing programs and processes that improve the efficiency and efficacy of lifecycles/pipelines
• 3+ years of experience building successful relationships with partner teams to conduct gap analyses and to scope and initiate projects to mitigate quality standard risks
• 3+ years of experience in Program Management, driving programs from concept to delivery
• 3+ years of experience utilizing SQL, Tableau, QuickSight, and/or PowerBI
• 3+ years of experience working with development teams on product/service/system releases
• Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated understanding of cloud service providers and web services
• Solid analytical acumen, with experience generating and managing reports and analyses
• Experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and demonstrated possession of the self-drive needed to keep things moving forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience managing third party external relationships
• A strong bias for action with proven ability to handle a high volume of high-stress, time-sensitive tasks by prioritizing multiple projects regardless of constant changes in a dynamic environment
• Outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• 3+ years of experience in two or more of the following categories:
• Penetration testing or pentest management
• Bug bounty program management
• Red Team operations
• Security architecture and risk mitigation for enterprise networks or services
• Data analytics (business intelligence, security metrics, data pipeline, scale, and performance)
• Product/Service definition (requirements and use cases for internal/external customer solutions)
• SDLC (end-to-end security management of a software lifecycle)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
If you have additional questions, please contact Pedro Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org