AWS Security Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in driving exceptional security for customers? Do you have a passion for cutting edge technologies? Do you see compliance as a business enabler? Amazon Web Services (AWS) business is rapidly expanding its global presence and we are looking for a highly motivated security Assurance Program Manager to help lead our Security Assurance Engineering and Architecture Readiness team. As part of the AWS Security Assurance team, this role will build the bridges between security, technology and compliance by working directly with our AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, security teams, and related Amazon corporate teams. This candidate should be a technically experienced and an innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to dive deep into a variety of complex architectures, understand IT processes, and map product offerings to existing and emerging compliance standards. The role will help drive and scale the engineering and architecture readiness program through innovative process changes across multiple organizations and teams.
This position will be responsible for:
• Evaluating business processes to align AWS services to AWS controls and compliance programs
• Developing process documentation and managing changes to business processes
• Performing service impact assessments of existing and emerging compliance programs
• Supporting process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the service teams
• Managing communications to service teams and stakeholders of compliance program requirements and service impact
• Managing the readiness efforts of services for audit and/or certification
• Liaising between AWS Security Assurance program and AWS Service teams and managing stakeholder relationships
• Developing a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support the AWS Security Assurance program, including commercial and regulatory compliance programs, and guiding control owners in documenting their control activities
• Assist stakeholders with aligning: standard operating procedures,
controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management effectiveness
• Innovation of mechanisms to better meet business processes and compliance requirements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Mathematics or other related fields.
• 5+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field
• 5+ years of experience in security or compliance consulting or advisory work in support of a highly technical environment.
• 5+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments of complex IT architecture
• 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships across large organizations.
• 5+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort (SOC, PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, IRAP, or ISO Certification)
• An in-depth understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
• Experience in performing technical security assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, and auditing IT processes.
• A record of delivery of large IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
• Experience defining certification roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule.
• Experience in working directly with auditors/regulators in support of compliance audits for PCI, SOC, FedRAMP, ISO and other compliance regimes.
• A strong understanding of software development lifecycles and modern transaction processing environments.
• Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance tools and technology.
• Familiarity with enterprise productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Remedy trouble ticketing systems, etc
• Strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Please email Monica Syed (email@example.com) for more information.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top