AWS Security Assurance Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) obsesses over customers. Customer trust is at the heart of all we do. We earn that trust everyday through innovative products and by keeping customer data secure. AWS is rapidly expanding its global presence and utilizes multiple security frameworks and product security features to enable any industry vertical to securely run workloads in the cloud. AWS is looking for an AWS Security Assurance Program Manager with security and compliance background to join us. As part of the AWS Security Assurance team, the candidate is a key liaison with AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, white hats, and related Amazon corporate teams. The candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who understands IT processes and is able to identify and support innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams. Validating security best practices are built into our products and platforms is a core competency of the role.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Informatics, Accounting/Auditing, Cyber Security or other related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in data security or compliance consulting or advisory work in in support of a highly technical environment.
- Experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort (e.g. SOC 1, SOC 2, PCI, NIST 800-53, or ISO 27001).
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations. Experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Hands-on--ability to both lead and execute deliverables.
- Experience with technology processes and security practices of major tech companies.
- Metrics aware and experience measuring IT process effectiveness and consistency.
- Ability to perform technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes. Experience in IT program or project management, IT auditing, and/or control framework development and implementation is also a plus.
- Have a strong understanding of software development lifecycles and working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Have a working knowledge of NIST 800-53, ISO 27017/18, PCI DSS, and SOC standards. Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls. Experience in working directly with auditors for these types of assessments.
- Experience delivering security assurance assessments on schedule.
- Familiarity with enterprise productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Remedy trouble ticketing systems, etc.
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as Lean, Kaizen, or Six Sigma.
- Industry-specific compliance/regulatory experience (e.g. financial services, public sector, telecommunications, healthcare/life sciences, etc.) is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Please email AWS Recruiter, Pedro Garcia [email protected] if you have questions.*
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top