AWS SAP Innovation Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers leverage the AWS platform to bring digital transformation to their SAP workloads on AWS? Do you like to work on a variety of global projects, engaging customer and partner teams to achieve AWS and SAP best practices?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical SAP digital transformation architect to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This architect will join a Global SWAT team focused on AWS's most critical SAP customers, reporting directly to the Global SAP Practice Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS is enabling use cases that have never been done before. AWS is looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating SAP solution architectures that have never been done before, providing customers with unprecedented value.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Architecting extensions to SAP processes leveraging AWS platform services for simplicity, massive scale, resiliency and maintainability
• Working on integrating a wide range of innovative AWS services with SAP on AWS
• Creating service offerings that will promote adoption of AWS services
• Driving innovation and digital transformation initiatives for customers using the AWS platform for their SAP instances.
- Develop customer specific solution architecture that seamlessly integrates various AWS services with their SAP on AWS systems to provide a holistic solution
- Develop and deliver accelerator, offerings and solutions focused on specific industry use cases by using your technical breadth and SAP experience.
- Develop big data or analytics solutions (EMR, data modeling, ETL, data warehouse) on top of SAP solutions
- Enable team of architects and solution specialists on these offerings and help them deliver it to our customers
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management focusing on SAP solutions in the cloud
- Develop and monitor metrics and develop ways to improve for internal and customer facing solutions
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on extending SAP on AWS
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Experience with ABAP, HTML5, JAVA, and other SAP development languages and concepts
- Experience with DevOps automation tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Experience with container and container management technologies (Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, Firecracker)
- Experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining DevOps tools and technologies such as Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with leading and participating in Scrum/Kanban, Agile workflow methodologies
- Master's degree desired
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Consulting experience integrating SAP and non-SAP solutions and technologies.
- Preferred strong customer facing consulting skills preferred. Ability to fine tune your message for both technical and business audience.
- Preferred ability to seamlessly transition between being hands on to engaging in discussions in front of a boardroom.
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Prior experience developing or working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top