AWS Salesforce.com Technical Program Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
AWS' growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide sales team and the need for an experienced Salesforce.com (SFDC) Project Manager to drive automation of processes and leverage the platform to support additional business functions. This candidate would own and execute projects for the AWS Professional Services team in coordination with other teams including Sales, Billing, and Sales Operations. Candidates must possess the ability to work directly with various internal customers to gather and understand business requirements along with their related processes, and build workable solutions in SFDC.
The successful candidate must be able to work directly, in a hands-on way, with the business team, system/data, lead multiple technical projects or portions at one time, create and prioritize a project road map, as well as provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Force.com platform. They will play the role of liaison between the customer and various technical teams, i.e. SFDC developers, integration engineers, data engineers, etc. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. They will have superb communication and project-management skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
AWS is home to the largest Salesforce.com instance at Amazon. We use the collective experience of our rapidly growing SFDC team to solve challenging problems. Of course we use the Sales and Marketing Clouds, but we are also building custom solutions for business development, operations, partners, contracts, and a lot more. Come help us build with the world's leading CRM at one of the world's largest companies, where every day is still day one.
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements
- Manage a release process to test, validate and implement new applications/code, and updates to existing applications/code that support key business groups
- Prioritize the Salesforce.com projects and develop/maintain a road map
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they relate to Salesforce
- Hands on configuration and data migration experience to execute on projects
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years previous experience implementing and configuring Salesforce.com
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with the Salesforce.com architecture
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the SFDC CRM application coupled with good understanding of business processes related to Sales, Marketing, Support, etc.
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Technical project management experience
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- High standard of education or compensating work experience
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator (ADM-201), Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) or equivalent experience
- Certified Salesforce.com Sales Cloud Consultant or equivalent experience
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookups, Pivot Tables, Macros)
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Experience with Salesforce portals (Communities, Partner, or Customer Portal)
- Experience with Marketo, Data.com, DiscoverOrg, Conga and other apps
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Strong organization skills
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top