AWS Sales Business Analyst
Are you intellectually curious with a knack for asking insightful business questions, diving (really) deep with data, and uncovering new insights that lead to recommendations and programs that move the organization forward in a meaningful (measurable) way? If so, this is the right role for you. The America's AWS Sales business is seeking a talented Business Analyst who will conduct innovative research to better understand how customers are using AWS services, identify trigger points to help create effective programs, and demonstrate how these programs can enable sellers.
Successful candidates will have experience creatively applying statistical research and experimental methodologies to answer real-world questions. The Business Analyst will possess a deep analytical background, technical expertise, strong business acumen and have the ability to deliver results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and investigation that generate new insights and formulate recommendations that improve the efficiency of the sales process
- Design and execute detailed plans and timelines to provide data-driven insights and recommendations to leadership
- Share your thought leadership and subject matter expertise freely with other teams to raise the bar for customers and the broader organization
- Conduct data analyses with the appropriate statistical approach (regressions, factor analyses, t-tests, etc.)
- Understand required data, identify where data sets reside and their underlying structure to manipulate through SQL queries
- Ability to independently define analytical approach and deliver results using complex data
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities and perform analysis/diagnosis leading to significant business impact
- Run the pre-processing and analysis of the data needed before any ML method is applied
- 4+ years of industry experience in predictive analytics, statistics, machine learning, and/or their applications to business problems
- Experience with advanced statistical methods (e.g., matching, predictive modeling, cluster analysis, time series modeling, etc.) and data visualization
- Expertise in database and statistical software and methods (SQL, R, Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to produce polished deliverables that present data visually, tell a compelling story, and inspire action
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work well in an ambiguous environment with competing demands
- Proven ability to communicate (verbal, visual and written) with business and technical audiences at all levels, including demonstrated success influencing senior leaders and decision makers
- Proactively identify problems and areas of opportunity with significant impact
- Bachelor's and/or Masters in a quantitative field Statistics, or related field (Strategy, Marketing, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, etc.)
- A deep understanding of AWS's vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, or Unix shell scripts.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top