AWS S3 Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
We are currently looking for talented software development engineers to join our Amazon S3 storage control plane team. Cloud computing represents a fundamental shift in how businesses think about managing their information needs. While this emerging area of computing has seen tremendous growth over the past five years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential. We seek smart, passionate and visionary people to help us define this exciting new technology.
Our team is clearly passionate about the incredible opportunity that Amazon S3 presents and about cloud computing, in general. You will have the opportunity to deliver high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. You will be able to utilize your experience in building, managing, and mentoring engineering teams, while operating or using web-based services.
• Design, implement, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to launch new storage platforms.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team services.
• Write high quality distributed system software.
• Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• Mentor junior software development engineers.
Come help transform one of AWS's flagship services, Simple Storage Service, S3.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Be passionate about software innovation
• Experience building high scale distributed systems
• Experience working with machine learning models
• Experiencing building and maintaining mission-critical enterprise software
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
Back to top