AWS Regulatory Compliance Specialist - Financial Services - EMEA
- London, United Kingdom
This position can be hired in any of our AWS European office locations
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its presence in the enterprise arena with a focus on financial services. AWS offers global public cloud offerings with a diversity of compliance programs and attestations to enable our customer base. AWS is looking for independent, passionate, and deeply experienced professionals in the global financial services compliance and governance arena to provide thought leadership in assisting financial institutions to move regulated workloads and data into the cloud by addressing their specific security, regulatory, compliance and governance requirements. This candidate should be an experienced and innovative security/compliance/governance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements and can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing. The Compliance Specialist will work directly with AWS partners and financial institutions in adapting their control frameworks to successfully move their IT to the AWS cloud.
This key position requires specialized experience supporting financial services sector compliance efforts and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies, institutions, and AWS including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, CCOs, CROs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS Worldwide Financial Services team, will act as the primary Governance/Compliance interface for Financial Services institutions. The candidate will already have, and continue to foster, key relationships, and be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends.
• Participate in financial services regulatory compliance assessments and relevant control discussions with AWS teams. This includes synthesizing control requirements, and recommending and pursuing alternative approaches assisting customers in developing compliance roadmaps
• Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
• Assist the AWS Security Assurance team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics
• Be and remain connected with industry trends and events. Develop and maintain relationships with key leaders in governance, risk, and compliance at Financial Services institutions
• Assess upcoming rules and regulations to assist customers in migration to the cloud
• Collaborate with service teams on industry specific requirements that impact components of AWS services
• Assist the work of Financial Services institutions' internal and external auditors or advisors as needed
• Keep the AWS Worldwide Financial Services leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related business fields
• 7+ years of experience in Financial Services compliance, legal, or governance
• 7+ years of personal, hands-on experience in developing compliance/regulatory documentation
• Experience in working directly with senior corporate/government officials and/or auditors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%.
• Familiarity with technical assessments and audit methodologies for technical systems (network, operating systems, application security) as well as IT auditing processes
• Familiarity with cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Demonstration of innovative compliance approaches in non-traditional IT environments (cloud)
• Experience and proficiency in public speaking
• Deep understanding of the FFIEC Handbook, and other regulatory guidance... Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST) guidelines, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS), FCA guidance FG16/5 (Guidance for firms outsourcing to the 'cloud' and other third party IT services), EBA Recommendations on Outsourcing to Cloud Providers, C5 requirements of the Federal Office of Information Security of Germany and other applicable standards and requirements
• Experience in building successful compliance programs
• Experience defining compliance roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
• Have a record of delivery of onboarding compliance financial services workloads
• Intermediate or better level of knowledge of certification requirements of an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) under the aforementioned compliance programs
• Ability to think critically and be responsive to time sensitive requests
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
Back to top