AWS Principal Solutions Architect
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Principal Solutions Architect in San Francisco Bay Area who is passionate about helping our customers build infrastructures and applications at scale. Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a solutions architect, you will work directly with some of our largest and fastest growing customers to enable innovation through continuous deployment of cloud native technology stacks and advanced cloud solutions.
Our solutions architects build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across application architecture, networking, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, and Big data. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of large scale distributed computing solutions, and experience leading deep architecture discussions, and hands on experience. You will partner with Sales, Professional Services, and other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our services.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure customer success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Lead deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, and proof of concepts
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate, and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 5+ years of experience in application, infrastructure, database, and networking architecture
• 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
• Hands on working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Experience architecting/operating solutions build on AWS
• Communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Willingness to travel up to 15%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for a position in Colorado starts at $122,300 [hr/yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information: http://www.amazon.jobs
Back to top