AWS Principal Enterprise Solutions Architect
- San Francisco, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers (Enterprise, Digital Native, Greenfield or ISV), AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS.
• As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community.
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
• 3+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Willingness to travel up to 25%
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for a position in Colorado starts at $122,300 [hr/yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site
Back to top