AWS Premium Support Site Leader
- Manhattan, NY
Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazons Cloud Business is a hot area among the technical community as is discussed in this recent article. An example of AWSs leadership in the Cloud can be seen in Gartners most recent Cloud competitive assessment which named AWS as the leader for the 3rd consecutive year. You can also read about our recent earnings that discussed the fast growth of Amazon Cloud Business.
AWS Support is a self-standing business (P&L) within AWS and continues to be one of AWSs fastest and most innovative businesses. We build software and have engineers that help customers of all sizes, industries, and geographies successfully utilize the products and features provided by Amazon Web Services. Customers include very large enterprises (e.g. Dow Jones, NASDAQ, and Nokia); public sector companies (e.g. NASA JPL) as well as fast growing businesses and internet companies (e.g. Netflix).
Job Description & Responsibility
AWS Premium Support team is looking for a senior manager to join us to lead our Japan Premium Support team located in Tokyo, Japan. We are looking for a builder, a hands-on leader who can influence and drive strong ownership for customers, focusing on reducing customer effort by deeply understanding customer needs. As a member of the AWS team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that the best support is critical to customer success.
As a site leader, you will drive performance management, goal setting and career development of your line reports. You will represent AWS as your team responds inquiries from customers who need help using AWS services. You will manage to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work. You will partner with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and many other teams across AWS to provide the best supports to Japanese speaking customers around the world. This position involves regular communication to the senior management team on operations and risks. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and opportunities.
• Excellent language capabilities in both Japanese and English.
• Proven experience in managing highly technical support teams in a senior position is a must.
• A record of driving operational excellence and continual improvement in highly technical support environments.
• Proven track record in providing inspirational leadership to manage changes and critical issues in a highly dynamic environment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related field
• Deep experience with AWS service offerings
• Ability to perform and lead large teams under pressure.
• Proven experiences of building a fast growing team
• Proven experiences of managing a profit & loss business
• Ability to work with flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required).
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
#aws-jp-support-ap #AWSJAPAN Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top