As an AWS PR Manager, you will collaborate with local AWS leaders and AWS global PR team to drive communications programs in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. You will use a mix of tactics (traditional and digital media) to support the launch process of new AWS services, features, programs, regions, and partnerships in a way that maximizes positive coverage and awareness. In this role, you also will have an opportunity to create and innovate new and interesting announcement plans and programs that are worthy of a company that continues to pioneer the cloud.
On a daily basis, you will use your project management talent and your writing skills to develop unique content. You will develop and place proactive stories explaining how our customers benefit from the fastest pace of innovation, the broadest and deepest functionality, the most secure computing environment, and the most proven operational expertise. You will work closely to the IT and Business influencers in the Benelux and inform them about how AWS guide customers to become more agile, innovative, and efficient.
This role can be based in Amsterdam (Netherlands) or in Brussels (Belgium), and will require travel.
Are you passionate about translating complex technology concepts into broadly digestible stories? Are you comfortable working with senior executives? Do you know how to manage PR complex challenges and communicate with the media on issues?
Come build the future with us.
Part of your professional challenges will be:
• Develop stories with customers and partners about their journey to the AWS Cloud
• Enhance AWS news and media relations activities and proactive campaigns
• Ensure factually accurate representation of AWS and AWS services in the media
• Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
• Write and edit press releases, blogs, pitches, and communications plans
• Regularly interact with senior leadership to develop and communicate AWS's top stories and strategic messages
• Develop and successfully manage relationships with key media and technology influencers
• Manage PR agency
• Minimum of seven years of public relations experience
• Technology PR experience required
• Must be fluent in English and Dutch
• Network of Belgian, Dutch, and Luxembourgish media
• Proven experience in Project Management (launch, program, event)
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• A strategic way of thinking and strong hands-on mentality
• A great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness, and team spirit
• Outstanding attention to detail
• An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
• A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
• Proven track record of exercising good judgement and ability to be successful in times of ambiguity