Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. Low cost. Instant Elasticity. Open & Flexible. Secure.
To meet the growing demand for Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have previous experience delivering sales and technology training and can communicate these concepts to audiences at different stages in a customer's journey, we'd like to speak with you.
Here's your chance to work as a Partner Trainer for Canada within an organization which has high visibility and significant customer impact. The successful candidate is an experienced sales & technology instructor, ideally with hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and/or in-depth knowledge of computing concepts and technologies (i.e. ).
In this role, you will deliver training content to Partners to drive adoption and usage of infrastructure services. You'll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching and enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology and business training experience.
• Deliver training courses which incorporate 's strategy, mission and technology with our sales and business development methodologies to partners.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of and computing concepts and ability to translate this knowledge to Services.
• Versatility in communicating to both business and technical personas involved in Computing purchasing and adoption decisions.
• Conduct partner training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based learning and virtual learning.
• Strong understanding of and computing concepts and ability to translate this knowledge to Services.
• Demonstrate a strong "stage presence" and ability to engage and manage a classroom of adult learners.
• Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
• Create an engaging learner experience in each training class with various training strategies.
• Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
• Assist in the development of a formalized Train-the-Trainer program (when required).
• Provide content and class feedback to course developers to raise bar on curriculum quality.
• Mentor and train internal instructors as part of a train the trainer program.
*Please note that at the current time this role is currently 100% virtual. In the future, the role will potentially have up to 40-60% regional travel.
• 5 years+ of experience in delivering business focused & technology related training.
• 3+ years demonstrated understanding of public cloud and computing concepts.
• 2+ years experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Recent experience in a fast-paced, multinational technology company.
• Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
• Ability to communicate in multiple languages (English and French)
• Business degree (i.e. MBA) or equivalent relevant 6+ years work experience required in technical training.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.