AWS Outposts System Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
EC2 has changed the landscape for computing - from startups through the Fortune 500. This culture of innovation has permanently altered how individuals and business think about computing resources.
Now EC2 is looking to change the game again with a totally new and disruptive model of computing. We are hiring innovative engineers for AWS Outposts - a start-up like opportunity to build a new line of business, with new technologies, from the ground-up.
We aim to hire engineers who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and open environment, who aren't afraid to dive-deep to solve seemingly impossible challenges, who want to build rock solid 24x7 never-fail, highly-secure, software at world-class scale and who obsess over customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree or 5+ year's equivalent software experience
• Minimum of 5 years scripting experience in Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Perl, or other common system maintenance languages.
• Working knowledge of network security include familiarity with TLS, VPN protocols and PKI generally.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux system internals
• Experience with web proxy technologies including caching
• Working knowledge of virtualization and containerization e.g. Xen, KVM, Docker and/or Kubernetes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
Experience and expertise in any of:
• HA architecture for mission critical applications
• Experience delivering commercial software in a major systems language such as C++, Java or Go.
Back to top