AWS Operations Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Have you ever thought about helping implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems for our mission critical customers? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
AWS is seeking a talented people leader with a strong technical background, to lead a unique training and onboarding program for technical engineers that provides the opportunity of deep technical training and onboarding including rotational hands-on exposure and working side by side with top AWS Engineers across many of AWS' most popular products. We are seeking a leader who would be interested in the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical leaders, while breaking new ground for mission critical customers by delivering trained personnel to deliver agile software services and infrastructure.
Our team is looking for a highly motivated leader to own and grow a team of highly skilled Technical Engineers, who will deploy and operate AWS Services for critical workloads in key strategic Regions.
As the leader you will interact with the AWS Region Services leadership team and operational leaders across AWS to understand how to best position the engineering team to deliver on current and future needs of each service teams to help continue to scale the AWS organization.
This role consists of owning and growing a team of skilled Engineers providing 24x7 operational support for critical software infrastructure components upon which internal and external customers rely. The successful candidate will own and actively manage hiring and developing the best talent for this team along with keeping a high bar for the team consistent with Amazon leadership principles.
• You will need to quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems when required.
• You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but also will allow the team to scale with platform and service growth. You will coordinate with Amazon recruiting staff to evaluate potential candidates, participate in initial phone screens and provide relevant guidance and feedback during on-site interview loops. You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper training takes place for all new hires.
• As a manager within the Amazon Web Services team you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating sane processes and procedures, then automating them to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects.
• You will own and develop the relationship with your customers and internal stakeholders to ensure Amazon Intelligence Engineers are aligned to team roadmaps.
• You will need to have the technical chops to advise and coach your team through the many challenges they will need to overcome to drive continuous improvement for their customers.
• You will develop and drive the organization's strategy which includes mentorship and development of Engineers and their ability to drive delivery and results.
• 5+ years of solid LINUX system administration experience, either as an individual lead or manager
• 5+ years experience leading a high-performing engineering/operations/systems administration team
• 5+ years experience with the following technologies: Systems administration (Linux, Apache), Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing), programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
• 3+ years experience with event/incident escalation management
• 3+ years experience with hiring and developing employees including training needs
• BS Computer Science or other technical degree, and/or related experience
• Experience working in mission-critical, operations support environment amongst geographically dispersed teams
• Ability to interact with other teams to diagnose and solve technical problems•
• Experience driving large, cross-organization initiatives
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Recruiting Operations leadership experience within a high growth tech company
• Experience with Agile Management
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top