AWS Operations Learning Architect
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Infrastructure Operations organization is searching for an extraordinary individual with a progressive career history. We are looking for an experienced Training & Documentation Manager to join our Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure Operations team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and be someone who has a proven track record of developing training content and delivering training to others. The position will be based in Northern Virginia and involve managing a team situated within the USA.
We have experienced rapid growth in the demand for a wide range of training courses. To meet these needs the Infrastructure Operations Training team has been tasked with creating blended training programs that support employees working within our Amazon Data Centers, globally.
We have developed and continue to develop technical courses, practical exercises and assessments for our teams who maintain availability and capacity within our data centers. We have adopted a blended approach mixing both instructor led, web based and practical hands on methods of delivery.
The successful candidate will have excellent people management, team building, and writing skills and the ability to translate complex technical content into easy-to-understand training. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have training, instructional design or technical writing experience, and above all must have a passion for learning and developing others.
- High EQ /IQ
- Previous Training management experience highly desired
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to translate technical content into effective learning solutions.
- The ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- The ability to conduct training needs assessments on a variety of data center related processes, procedures, tools and critical infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience of authoring learning tools, learning management system
- Recent experience in developing job aids, facilitation guides, web based materials and/or other training materials
- Excellent communication skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development.
- Excellent coordination, project management, and organization skills.
- Strong people management skills
- Previous Data Center experience desired
- Previous experience in a hyper growth industry
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Collaborate with other global resources to ensure regionally developed content is created in accordance with global standards and leveraged accordingly
- Set global priorities and timelines for the development of new training content and initiatives for teams supporting our critical data center infrastructure
- Manage resourcing of training projects globally; including delivery and development
- Support the development and justification of global training budgets and programs
- Guide a team of highly skilled Subject Matter Experts to understand the training needs and build effective training modules within a wider, set technical curriculum
- Manage the design and development of training content; including project management where required
- Partner with other global resources to determine the proper balance between instructor led and web based training opportunities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training delivery, post training skills assessments, and practical application exercise
- Determine opportunities for cross functional training to improve operational effectiveness
- Manage all testing, assessment data, perform a needs analysis and produce metrics to track progress regionally and ensure global compliance standards are met
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top