AWS Government Cloud Solutions Program Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. Our services scale to staggering levels, are highly distributed, and really fun to work with. The AWS Government Regions team works to deliver the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to US Government focused customers.
Customer challenges in information security and rapid scaling of data are growing incredibly fast. As a PM on the AWS Government Regions team you will be the technical leader of projects spanning Infrastructure and Software to address our customers' challenges. Amazon's vision is to be the world's most consumer-centric company. You will work across business, product, and development teams to balance cost, schedule, and technical variables to deliver projects that delight our customers. You will manage multiple-projects, spanning a number of technology areas.
In order to meet our customer's high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher ones. You will work with really smart people, who are fun to be around, and who are always pushing you to learn more. You will be responsible for solving big problems, where answers need to be invented, and roads are not yet paved. You will be a team builder, driving self-organizing teams.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you don't rest until the customer is happy. You need a strong technical background, are detail driven, and have excellent problem solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You need a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. business case, RTG, risk management, schedule, and negotiation). You are comfortable briefing Sr. leadership, even when you have bad news; you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing.
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
- 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
- Understanding of cloud technologies and customer use cases
- Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
This position may require that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph.
- TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected may be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information.
- Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4
If you are interested in scheduling a time to discuss this role in greater detail feel free to make an appointment with Renee Rushefski https://calendly.com/rrushefs/awsdiscoverycall or e-mail her directly at [email protected] with any questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top