AWS Global Accounts Solutions Architect (NYC)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner some of the worlds largest companies, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with account managers, you will assist in driving growth across a small set of global customers in your defined country. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with.
At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with large, global customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to develop the internal security expertise needed to drive revenue.
- Work with AWS customers to convey cloud computing security and risk management best practices
- Work with other teams within AWS to drive revenue
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying secure cloud-based solutions
- Assess security-related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gaps
- Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and lectures
Join Amazon today and be part of a company whose credo is "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
- Significant design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Seven or more years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT systems
- Five or more years of experience in an information security or compliance role
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- An understanding of the cloud computing business model· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- A background working in a highly regulated industry such as financial services, healthcare or defense
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top