AWS Financial Systems Developer - IBM Cognos TM1
- Seattle, WA
Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Cloud computing is the kind of major shift in information technology that only comes around once a decade. If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world's most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a Financial Systems Developer with expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, technical design, development, deployment, and integration to solve budgeting, planning, performance management and reporting challenges. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed, providing ever more scalable and granular data models and reporting, without sacrificing accuracy or agility. This position requires a high level of technical expertise within IBM Cognos /Planning Analytics
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously - you should too!
AWS needs individuals that bring the Corporate Finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making and management of the business. Also needed is the intellectual capacity to produce innovative ideas/analysis and the willingness to do the heavy lifting to implement those decisions.
• 3+ years of relevant Cognos experience including system configuration, model building and developing reports or dashboards with
• Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes
• Advanced knowledge and expertise with SQL, OLAP, and data warehousing concepts
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other technical discipline
• Direct experience using OLAP performance management (CPM) Cognos v10x (Perspectives/Architect)
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, and Aurora
• Familiarity and development experience with web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTPS, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
• Experience developing scorecards and dashboards
• JAVA/PERL/Ruby/Python scripting language experience
• Experience with third-party ETL tools (IBM DataStage or Data Manager, Informatica, etc.)
• Demonstrated history of problem solving, financial acumen, and business partnering skills
• Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
• A passion for delivering results and building trust with more senior leaders
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top