AWS Financial Systems Developer - IBM Cognos TM1
- Jersey City, NJ
Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Cloud computing is the kind of major shift in information technology that only comes around once a decade. If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world's most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a Financial Systems Developer with expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, technical design, development, deployment, and integration to solve budgeting, planning, performance management and reporting challenges. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed, providing ever more scalable and granular data models and reporting, without sacrificing accuracy or agility. This position requires a high level of technical expertise within IBM /Planning Analytics
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously - you should too!
- Design, test and implement reliable, scalable, and efficient IBM Planning Anaytics/ solutions.
- Design, test and implement user interfaces to the platform.
- Document and planning-related processes, model design and data flow.
- Partner with peer Finance teams utilizing to ensure consistent and seamless design.
- Document technical business requirements.
- Maintain OLAP multi-dimensional cubes and support dimension management, metadata design/maintenance and ETL development.
- Support the development of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and templates.
- Perform analysis and partner with other finance staff to ensure the financial results are accurate and complete.
- Provide risk assessment for new functionality and enhancements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Author knowledge-sharing documents.
- Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business.
• 3+ years of relevant experience including system configuration, model building, TI Processes, rules and calculations, as well as developing reports or dashboards with User Interfaces
• Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes
• Advanced knowledge and expertise with Python, SQL, OLAP, and data warehousing concepts
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other technical discipline
• Direct experience using MOLAP performance management solution /Planning Analytics and user interfaces (Perspectives/Architect/PAfE/Apliqo/ARC)
• Working knowledge of with integrated Machine Learning and AI Solutions(CPLEX, SPSS, Watson Studio, Sage Maker)
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, and Aurora
• Familiarity and development experience with web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
• Experience developing scorecards and dashboards
• Python/JAVA/PERL/Rubyscripting language experience
• Demonstrated history of problem solving, financial acumen, and business partnering skills
• Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer focus
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top