AWS Finance Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
The AWS Finance team is seeking a Program Manager to provide governance and oversight to our financial reporting, controls, and compliance processes. The Program Manager will be responsible for defining and managing data governance standards for our financial metadata. The role will coordinate with the various AWS stakeholders - specifically in the areas of process design, internal control effectiveness, and other relevant areas to ensure processes stay ahead of risks, including identifying ways to leverage technology and data to build effective control mechanisms.
The successful candidate will be controls-minded, process-oriented, highly analytical and able to work effectively across multiple finance and business teams. We are looking for an individual with deep experience in Program Management, Accounting, and Finance Systems. The ideal candidate looks around corners. You can influence without authority and skilled at communicating across levels and functions.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Strong program management experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action
• Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives.
• Review, recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving the overall control environment.
• Drive continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on design of new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established goals
• Be independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction maintaining a strong sense of urgency and commitment.
• Have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment with a desire to build structure where there is none.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have financial quality as the top focus.
• Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes.
• Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle)
• Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top