Are you interested in planning and creating the strategy behind where AWS launches new regions around the world? If so then you've come to the right place. This role is responsible for creating and reviewing the end-to-end Infrastructure planning for multiple new AWS public sector data center regions.
The New Region Infrastructure team supports AWS by driving cross-functional deployment planning to continue expanding AWS's global data center network. As a Product Manager - Tech, you will focus on how we plan and manage execution of AWS's infrastructure expansions from cost, schedule, resiliency and scalability perspectives. In this role, you will track and report on the status and health of new infrastructure deployments to ensure execution performance matches planning assumptions; drive cross-functional decision making to implement changes and corrective actions that improve regional infrastructure performance; identify and develop innovative cost savings projects and initiatives related to infrastructure deployments in new geographies; anticipate situations that conflict with infrastructure deployment plans and rectify risks before they create adverse impact to deployment launch schedules, cost structure, and supply continuity; and build mechanisms to govern infrastructure investments' performance to plans and drive continual improvement to infrastructure planning and execution processes.
A successful candidate will be a professional with strong strategy and management experience in driving decisions around Infrastructure deployments and managing large infrastructure projects. Key skills for the role include driving cross-functional decision making, leading by influence, overcoming unforeseen obstacles with creative solutions, managing projects and programs effectively, and dealing with ambiguity. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing a deep understanding of how AWS plans, builds and operates its data centers and networks based on its service architecture.
• A Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business related field (Mathematics, Engineering, CS, Business Administration), and/or 3+ years' experience working in data center product or program management and partnering with cross functional teams i.e. technical, commercial sales, policy, finance, and legal.
• 3+ years of working within the cloud computing/data center technical, engineering, or infrastructure field.
• 3+ years of project/program management experience, coordinating multiple stakeholder teams.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• The ideal candidate will have both a business and technical background that enables them to drive engagement among the Infrastructure Technical teams, Commercial Sales, Policy, Finance, and Legal teams.
• Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• A combination of diplomacy, empathy and firm backbone in order to drive stakeholder engagement and buy-in, drive sound solutions, and deliver results.
• Ability to build and convey compelling value propositions at an executive level.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.